Criminal Procedure: Investigation and the Right to Counsel (Aspen Casebook)
Buy a new version of this Connected Casebook and receive access to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids, and an outline tool on CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes-- portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
Criminal Procedure: Investigation and Right to Counsel, Fourth Edition is derived from the successful casebook Comprehensive Criminal Procedure. Like the parent book, it covers the Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Amendments and related areas using a thematic approach and offers an appropriate balance of explanatory text and secondary material accompanied by well-written notes. In addition to an experienced author team and well-edited cases, the book covers relevant statutes and court rules.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- Updates regarding cutting-edge developments in case law, statutory materials, and academic commentary about due process, the right to counsel, searches and seizures, and the privilege against compelled self-incrimination
- An important reordering of certain areas of Fourth Amendment law and related materials to make them even more user-friendly
- Insightful examination of the turmoil in modern Fourth Amendment law as the Supreme Court, notably splintered over methods of constitutional interpretation, faces the implications of rapidly changing technology
Professors and students will benefit from:
- A rigorous and challenging criminal procedure casebook with an outstanding author team
- Sound grounding of the law in criminal process and the right to counsel
- Thorough coverage of Boyd v. U.S., The Fourth Amendment, The Fifth Amendment, and the process of investigating complex crimes
- Thematic organization of the cases and text that make the book both manageable and accessible
- The latest and most highly respected developments in legal scholarship that help both professors and students alike stay up-to-date in the field of criminal procedure law
Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full text to quickly find coverage of legal topics.
Quiz yourself before class and prep for your exam in the Study Center. Practice questions from Examples & Explanations, Emanuel Law Outlines, Emanuel Law in a Flash flashcards, and other best-selling study aid series help you study for exams while tracking your strengths and weaknesses to help optimize your study time.
Most professors will tell you that starting your outline early is key to being successful in your law school classes. The Outline Tool automatically populates your notes and highlights from the e-book into an editable format to accelerate your outline creation and increase study time later in the semester.