Brookline Booksmith wishes you and your loved ones a happy and safe Thanksgiving. While our store will be closed for the holiday, we welcome you to shop online!
A glorious celebration of all the reasons to love the rain!
Internationally acclaimed writer Kyo Maclear has partnered with printmaker Chris Turnham to create a colorful and lively celebration of rain. Flowers bloom in the garden. Umbrellas bloom on the streets. There are puddles for jumping and, later, a cozy home for hot chocolate and books. There's so much to love about the rain!
• CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED AUTHOR: Kyo Maclear is an essayist and novelist who has written more than a dozen books for children.
• GORGEOUS ART: Chris Turnham's print-making expertise—especially his masterful use of color and texture—spills over into the stunning images throughout this book.
• TALENTED DUO: Publisher's Weekly said Kyo and Chris's debut book The Wish Tree "hums with understated everyday magic," while School Library Connection said it was a "warm and magical tale of friendship and the intrinsic beauty of nature."
• CELEBRATES NATURE: Whether you love rain or sun, whether you are out-and-about or stuck inside, this book is a great reminder of the natural beauty all around us.
• PERFECT FOR HOME OR SCHOOL: This book is an ideal fit for a cozy family read at home or school story time reading tied to curriculum about the weather or the seasons.
• A BOOK TO COME BACK TO: Children will return to this book again and again to discover new details.
• Parents, caregivers, and grandparents
• Teachers and librarians
• Those who love the rain or anyone living in rainy regions!
Kyo Maclear is a critically acclaimed novelist, essayist, and children's book author. Her books have received starred reviews, appeared on numerous "Best of" lists, and been published in multiple languages around the world. She is the author of many picture books including Virginia Wolf which was adapted for stage, Julia, Child which was adapted into an animated television series, The Fog, Story Boat, and The Wish Tree, also illustrated by Chris Turnham and published by Chronicle Books. Kyo lives in Toronto. To learn more about her visit kyomaclearkids.com.
Chris Turnham has worked as a visual development artist for clients such as Sony Pictures, LAIKA, and DreamWorks. In addition to illustrating children's books, he is also a highly regarded printmaker. His first children's book The Wish Tree was also written by Kyo Maclear and published by Chronicle Books. Chris lives in Los Angeles. To see more of his work visit www.christurnham.com.