Simply French (Paperback)
How can a good cook become a great cook? It's all in the details.
Becoming a good cook means learning principles that will last you a lifetime in the kitchen; with Simply French, you will never cook the same way again.
- Knowing when to season and how
- Appreciating the simple process of reducing a sauce
- Allowing meats and poultry to rest so they release maximum flavor
- The simple art of straining a sauce for a refined condensed flavor
- Knowing why dried herbs are no substitute for fresh
In Simply French acclaimed food critic and best-selling author of Trattoria Patricia Wells works side by side with award-winning French chef Joel Robuchon to distill the best of the French table for the American cook. Among the 125 exciting recipes youll find in Simply French are Potatoes "Chanteduc," a perfect Roast Chicken, Beef Tenderloin Roasted in Herb-Infused Salt Crust, Marbleized Chocolate Wafers, and Cinnamon-Chocolate Mousse.