Lonely Planet Tanzania (Paperback)
"Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher"
Lonely Planet Tanzania is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch East Africa's greatest natural dramas play out on the Serengeti plains, learn about local Chagga culture, or wander through the narrow alleyways of Zanzibar; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Tanzania and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet Tanzania Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, religion, art, music, dance, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 46 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Safaris, and Active Tanzania
- Coverage of Dar es Salaam, Mt Kilimanjaro, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, the Zanzibar Archipelago, Stone Town, Lake Victoria, the Serengeti Plains, the Mahale Mountains, Katavi, Ruaha, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Tanzania, our most comprehensive guide to Tanzania, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's East Africa guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Mary Fitzpatrick, and Tim Bewer.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
"TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category"
"'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times"
"'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
About the Author
Fitzpatrick grew up in Washington, DC and has traveled extensively in Africa, Asia and Europe. She lived and worked in Africa for six years.
Tim Bewer gave up a career as a legislative assistant to become a freelance writer, editor and photographer. He has covered topics ranging from autism to punk rock, but focuses on his first love -- travel. His written work has appeared in newspapers and magazines in the U.S., Canada, and the UK. In addition to Wisconsin's Outdoor Treasures, he is the author of two other books, Acorn Guide to Northwest Wisconsin and Moon Handbooks Minnesota. Born and raised a Badger (Wisconsinite) he now lives just across the border in Minneapolis.