A Wealth of Information on Being Prepared for Any Contingency or Catastrophe
This is the definitive survival guide and essential resource for all travelers, campers, hikers, and outdoor adventurers. Already a worldwide million-copy bestseller, The Ultimate Survival Guide covers everything from basic first aid to disaster preparedness, from setting up camp to making it through a hurricane -- an absolute must-have volume for anyone who has ever placed him or herself at the mercy of Mother Nature.
- What to pack, carry, and wear in hostile environments
- First aid and rescue
- Finding food, water, shelter, and making fire
- Dealing with wild animals, snake bites, and fierce climatic hazards
- Surviving flood, avalanche, tornado, and other violent natural catastrophes
- Fully illustrated and easy to use
About the Author
John Lofty Wiseman served for 26 years with the SAS and was their Chief Survival Instructor. He remains the foremost authority on SAS training techniques for civilians. His knowledge, skills and experience are unrivalled and he is deeply respected in survival circles.